Thursday, November 8, 2012

Marlie's First Sleepover

Marlie spent the night away from home for the first time on Saturday.  Her best friend Sophie invited her to her house for a sleepover.  I got a text from Sophie's mom, Megan asking if we had any plans because Sophie wanted Marlie to sleep over.  We had been talking about getting the girls together for a few months now.  We had a birthday party to go to at 5 that evening.  I asked Marlie if she wanted to go to Sophie's house after we left Willow's party.    She gave me a BIG grin and said yes without hesitation.  She even said she was going to spend the night.  So we hashed out the details and I dropped her off around 7:00.  Luckily, we only live about 5 miles from Sophie so if she called in the middle of the night, it would take me no time to get there.  On the way over, M fell asleep but as soon as we drove up, her eyes popped open and she was gettin' it trying to get out of the car.  Sophie asked me to come in and see her room.  What is it about girls and their rooms? I went in, looked at the girls' rooms and sat and talked with Megan for several minutes.  

I never felt hesitant about letting Marlie stay with them.  Megan has been so friendly and helpful since we moved back to Alex City.  When we decided to move back to AC, I posted on FB, asking for suggestions for daycares in the area.  She referred me to Harbor Learning Academy and I decided to enroll Marlie there.  Luckily, our two baby girls got placed in the same class.  Megan & I were both excited! Over the past year, this sweet friend has been such a blessing to our family! She takes pictures at their school functions for me when I can't be there because of my demanding job.  She reminds me of important dates/events at their school because Lord knows I can't keep up with it.  She takes Marlie to dance for us.  Oh and on top of that, her husband works out of town so she has a lot of stress on her plate. She does all of this knowing that there's very little that I can do for her in return.  What a sweet friend!

Sophie has an older sister named Marli.  She had a friend over too.  Her name was Maggie.  I will NEVER forget that name! Marlie has asked me "What's dat big gurul's name?" a million times when she got home on Sunday.  Hahaha!

Enjoy the pictures! I stalked and stole from Megan's FB page.  If you don't like them, message me and I'll give you all of her contact information ;)
 
 Marli & Maggie and Sophie & Marlie

Too cute!

 No clue?

 They are hidden somewhere under that life-sized Mickey Mouse.

 Hahahahaa!




 Two lovely dolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Playlist :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones